Monday 30 July 2012

COLLECTING MONEY TO BUY RAYA CLOTHES FOR ORPHANS AND NEEDY CHILDREN



It is that time of year again where the teachers and I help to collect money to buy new clothes for the orphans and poor children at the Persatuan Manibi'ul Ul Ulum or the Pondok run by Ustaz Syed Sharim. If I am not mistaken, this is the seventh year that we have been doing this.
Last Friday, the Puan Kamariah and I went to check out the prices for the Baju Melayu and Baju Kurung so that we can make an estimate of how much we need to collect. As there are 18 orphans and 7 poor children, the amount needed should be at least RM2,000. Besides the clothings, we also try to buy them shoes as well. The proprietor of the shop usually gives discounted prices as it is for a good cause.
So far, I have collected RM265. Hopefully, I can get more money next week to reach the target as we plan to take the children for the shopping spree on the 12th of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment